Friday, January 06, 2006

Tomorrow's training: A spiel about nothing

YIKES!!!!!

Tomorrow is t-day. I say t-day meaning Training-Day.

Brutus is the dog chosen to go through the training for the Canine Good Neighbour testing. He's the worst behaved of the bunch. Don't get me wrong. He's my little lover bug, but he just tends to ignore me the most of all three of the dogs.

Early this week Brutus cut his paw on something in the back yard. It wasn't a really bad cut, so I didn't feel it was necessary to take him to the vet. I cleaned it, and covered it, and made him wear the cone for the night. Sorry buddy, conehead you were to be. Well, the cut still looks like it is a little bit sore for him. I wonder if this will effect his training?? It's not open or anything like that, but perhaps I'll get someone to look at it tonight.....Conners?

Well, training. I'm very nervous about this. Not only is it early in the morning that I have to get up and go, but it's 45 minutes away. I don't deal well with travelling too far away from my home. But, I have to say to myself.....this is for Brutus and his well being.

The Canine Good Neighbour (CGN) test is a good thing for him. The Ontario Government thinks that all pitbulls are vicious dogs and will bite everyone. It is important for me to get this certificate for him, and other pitbull dog owners to prove that they aren't all meanies like people think. I hope it helps the cause, which I think it will. Maybe it should be something mandatory for pitbull dog owners to do, and if they are certified, they won't have to wear those darn muzzles anymore. Just a hopeful thought. Not likely to be realistic, but hopeful anyways.

Lets go from this:


To this:

Ah, much better not having something covering my mouth. Back to old school for my guy. Here's hoping......

Well, I should get my butt back to work. Thanks Conners for letting me understand how to upload my pics and helping me out with all this crap!!

Hahahahahaha!

1 Comments:

Blogger Conners said...

Hey Lady!
Brutus is more obedient then you give him credit for. I KNOW! I walk with you guys.
And being nervous is my department, so don't sweat it. If I can do this, so can I and you are right. This training should be mandatory. I'm not going to use the 'if' word, but when they do complete the course and get their certificates, we photocopy them and send them to Michael Bryant the the Liberals that banned our dogs in the first place. Show them that Pit bulls completing and passing this course makes all his argements about them sound crazy. Responsible owners like ourselves will do anything to prove our dogs are not what the government and media say they are.
Just remember that and what we are fighting for, and you won't be so nervous.
I'll put some antibiotics on poor Brutus' foot tonight.
*hugs*

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home