Saturday, January 07, 2006

Training - Day 1 (and I didn't cry)

Wow!

First day of training for the CGN testing went better than I expected. I thought that Brutus wasn't going to listen to me at all. Well he didn't want to listen to me for the first little while, but after I had his undivided attention, he did well. We did spend the first hour in the hallway, because Brutus wanted to be a little bit rough with the other puppies in the class. By the end of the session, he was in the room with the other dogs without his muzzle on. Congrats Brutus!

As for me, I was as nervous as a turkey on Thanksgiving. I relaxed after I got there. Maybe Brutus could sense that I was nervous and that's why he acted up a little bit at the beginning of class time.

Boy did we learn a lot today though. I did learn that the reason that Brutus whines and cries so much is that I protect and baby him......I guess that's not such a good idea to do. He's been pretty quiet today. I put him in his crate to see if he would cry (because he usually does, forever. Well until I let him out) and he stopped within 10 minutes. I was totally impressed.

The only bad thing is that he can no longer be my blanket at night. :-( He has to sleep in his own bed, and not mine. It does make sense, but I'm going to have to turn the heat up.

Sorry dude! No more snugglies at night for you......

2 Comments:

Blogger Conners said...

I haven't given up Shasta at night neither...and to tell you the truth, I don't want to. I always invite her to come, so the way I see it I'm just a nice Top Dog that likes to have her lower dog beside her. LOL
It's like smoking. They might kill me, but I just can't give them up completely.
I'm following everything from the rest of the course, so how bad can one little lasps be?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Amstaffie said...

Yikes! I don't think I could give up Storm sleeping in the bed with me either. She's my little furry heater.

Good luck with the class, keep us updated!

PS: Adorable pups!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home